Monday, August 26, 2013

A Letter to a friend Describing Your Visit to a Place of Natural Beauty

Q. Write a letter within 120 words to a friend describing to him/her your visit to a place of natural beauty / a hill station. (10 Marks)
Ans.
Own address
& Date
My dear (Friend’s name),
            Your letter had been waiting for me in our letter-box as I was away from home for a week. You know, I had a long cherished desire to visit Darjeeling, a place of natural beauty. So my joy knew no bounds when my parents agreed to take me there.
            We reached Darjeeling by Toy Train and lodged in a hotel for a week. From the first day we started going out for sight-seeing. I was greatly charmed by the scenic beauty of the mountain forests, tea-gardens and the sky-kissing peak of the snow-covered Kanchanjungha. We visited the attractive spots like the zoo, the Victoria Falls, the Lebong race-course, the highest race- cource in the world. We also saw the ropeway from the North Point to the Rangit Valley. One dawn, we visited the Tiger Hill from where we had a wonderful view of the sunrise. It was a rare experience to us. The Mall was another attractive spot where we walked about in the afternoon. I can never forget the charming beauty of Darjeeling.
            No more today. Please accept my sincere love and convey my best regards to your parents. (190 words)
Yours ever,
(Own name)

[Friend’s address]

9 comments:

Feel free to comment.