Monday, August 26, 2013

Letter to a Friend Describing Your Visit to a Place of Historical Interest

Q. Write a letter within 120 words to a friend describing to him/her your visit to a place of historical interest. (10 Marks) [HS ’08]
Ans.
Own address
& Date
My dear (Friend’s name),

            Your letter had been waiting for me in our letter-box as I was not at home for a couple of days. I participated in an excursion organised by our school.
            You know, I had a long cherished desire to visit Murshidabad, a place of historical interest. My joy knew no bounds when my parents agreed to allow me to join the excursion. We reached Murshidabad by  bus and lodged in a hotel for two days. From the first day we started going out for sight-seeing by tangas, the horse-driven carts. At first we visited the Hazarduary. It is a nice place with many real and some false doors. We saw the weapons used by the Nawabs of Bengal. We saw so many precious paintings there. We visited the Motijhil, a big tank. We saw Khasbag where Alibordy lay buried. We went to the Katra mosque the next day. It is now in ruins. Finally, we saw the tomb of Shiraj on the other side of the Bhagirathi. These historical places took me to the golden days of Muslim rulers in India.
            Hope, this finds you quite well. I am OK and hope you are also so.  (196 words)
Yours ever,
(Own name)
[Friend’s address]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.