Monday, August 26, 2013

A Letter to a Friend about a Book Recently Read

Q. Write a letter within 120 words to your friend about a book you have recently read and enjoyed. (10 Marks)
Ans.
Own address
& Date
My dear (Friend’s name),
            Thank you very much for the fine book “Pather Panchali” that you presented me on my birthday. It is an immortal masterpiece of Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay. I found the book so gripping that I read it a number of times.
        It is a story of a poor family of Nischindipur, a backward village. Harihar lives there with his wife Sarbajaya, daughter Durga, son Apu and his distant sister Indir Thakrun. Of all these characters, Apu is the hero of the story. He was born and brought up in the lap of nature. His elder sister Durga is a centre round whom the little boy grows up with all his dreams and fancies. But finally Durga and Indir Thakrun die under very painful circumstances. Their death brings tears to my eyes and haunts my mind frequently. I have enjoyed the book very much for the writer’s deep insight into human characters, vivid descriptions of the natural surroundings of the village and for its simple, easy language. The book has left a lasting impression on my mind.
        No more today. Hope, this finds you quite well. (183 words)
Yours ever,
(Own name)
[Friend’s address]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment.